cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing: Witness line

kmark
1-Newbie

Drawing: Witness line

How do I darken the witness lines in a drawing to be printed darker? Creo 1.0

(Witness lines no longer visible when the drawing is scanned for final release with signatures)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i hv this pen table discription file which i think might help u

pen1_line_weight 3 - outline geometry, section text/arrows

pen2_line_weight 2 - dimension lines and leaders, text, witness lines

pen3_line_weight 1 - hidden lines

pen4_line_weight 2 - drawing frame

pen5_line_weight 3 - sheet metal

pen6_line_weight 3 - sketch lines

pen7_line_weight 1 - tangent edges

pen8_line_weight 4 - text

pen table can change from the config.pro

tool>option>find

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:kmark)

Pen Tables.

A search of the forum will yield some great information.

i hv this pen table discription file which i think might help u

pen1_line_weight 3 - outline geometry, section text/arrows

pen2_line_weight 2 - dimension lines and leaders, text, witness lines

pen3_line_weight 1 - hidden lines

pen4_line_weight 2 - drawing frame

pen5_line_weight 3 - sheet metal

pen6_line_weight 3 - sketch lines

pen7_line_weight 1 - tangent edges

pen8_line_weight 4 - text

pen table can change from the config.pro

tool>option>find

Thank you for your help Dalbeer singh. Adjusting the pen2_line_weight seem to fix the problem both with direct printing via proe and with pdf export and then printing exported pdf.

Regards,

Hi Kevin...

Did you resolve this yet? Antonius is correct... the answer is pen tables and a pen table file. If you look at this link to another answer I gave, you should have all the information you need.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/173301#173301

Please let us know if you got this working correctly. My answer is about 3/4 of the way down that link... I attached 3 files including a reference document on pen tables, a pen table file (as an example), and some other helpful stuff.

Thanks!

-Brian

Thanks Brian, Thank you for your help and follow up. It turns out that the actual issue that I was having is printing those files I created via File/Save as/Export/ pdf within Creo 1.0. But your trick pen2_line_weight seem to work well with both direct printing via proe and with pdf then printing pdf. Thank you so much. Regards,

Top Tags