cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Export bom list to excel

kskatun
6-Contributor

Export bom list to excel

I would like to make a mapkey that export the BOM list from an assembly to excel.

typically this is the chain

1. activate the assembly in the model tree
  2. right click ->view server properties
  3. activate structure tab
  4. Multilevel report
  5. actions ->export list to xlsx

However i would like to automate this process, by saving the list to a given location and start a batch file which den dumps the bom list into my database.

Is this possible?

My ideas:

1. was to make a trail file and play this off,
  2. another idea was to read the html url "proep://local_proesession?oid=00134755.ASM&item=ASSEMBLY&id=0&action=info&action_mode=bom" but this only works inside the creo browser
  3. make a script that runs on windchill
  4. use some software (hotkeys) that simulate your mouse and keyboard clicks

Is it somehow also possible to get out which assembly that particular part belongs to?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:kskatun)

I set the model tree to show only components and then expand all . Then save the tree. The result is space-character indented text file and can be parsed pretty easily for structure. Groups and patterns make for a small twist, but accounting for those is easy enough once the realization they need treatment is clear.

Basically, every time the indent increases, unless a group or pattern, the level increases and all those parts are in that assembly. If the level decreases then that's the end of an assembly, If it's a group or pattern, then if the level decreases by one or more, that's the end of the group or pattern. Keep the current assembly on a stack and pop the correct number off whenever the indent decreases.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kskatun)

Are you using Windchill or some other PDM system that would have your structure?

This is a OOTB function for Windchill from either the assembly file or the WTpart.

Top Tags