cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Export step file with annotations but without quilts

peyckmans
5-Regular Member

Export step file with annotations but without quilts

We would like to be able to export a step file with annotations but without quilts.

Currently when selecting annotations, quilts are automatically selected and greyed out so they cannot be unselected.

A PTC support representative already explained there's no way around it using the standard options.

Please make it possible to export a step file with annotations but without quilts (product idea).

Currently when we want to send a step file to our vendors (mold maker for example) it includes confusing quilts which are a potential source for errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

@peyckmans When selecting Annotations Quilts will and grayed out, this is as per limitation of application. 

I don't know how far this will help, but, did you get a chance to try exporting data where quilts are in layer and on  exporting to STEP exclude the contents of that layer?

peyckmans
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma, thanks for your reply.

I indeed tried excluding the quilts by customizing the layers in the Customize Export option and it worked.

But this workaround can, as far as I know, only be applied when exporting Step files manually.

We are trying to exclude quilts from Step files that are created by a conversion server (Cad worker) and therefore need to be able to accomplish this through configuration options/files.

The Layer status in the Customize Export option can be exported to a text file and can be imported on a next (manual) occasion but I didn't find an option to automatically apply it.

Any idea?

peyckmans
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma,

that seems to do the trick. Thanks a lot!

One remark though: in the Creo 4 options help file, this option is marked as deleted. It also cannot be found using the Find function in the Configuration editor but it its still accepted as a valid option. So it seems to have become a hidden option now. I wonder how long it will stay available.

We still would like PTC to make this possible through the "Step export profile settings" though. If you agree, please vote for the Product idea that I created for this: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Export-step-file-with-annotations-but-without-quilts/idi-p/582287

But for now we can use your suggested fix, thanks again!

0Adrian
4-Participant
(To:peyckmans)

Another possibility as ocorten-2 in https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Export-only-visible-parts-from-an-assembly/m-p/719762#M118971 already wrote and we also use is:
>>>

You can Enable the Annotations and Disable the Hidden Entities by using an export profile.

Then edit the .dep_step profile file and set the Hidden Enitites to zero:

<profile_options_xar__ENTRY id_="Hidden entities" pointer="TRUE">
                <value___PO__b__PC__>0</value___PO__b__PC__>

Top Tags