cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Family Tables

PhilipRoy
1-Newbie

Family Tables

Hello all; I have recently discovered Family tables, and I have a general question on its capabilities. From what I can tell, it is very simple to be in a top level assembly, and add different components in the columns of a family table to chose whether or not to display them in certain instances. My question is; Say I have a part that has three different instances, say a bolt that has three different lengths. Is it possible to be in a top level assembly, and not only chose whether or not to display the bolt, but chose which instance of the bolt I want? If family tables can not support this feature, is there a feature within Pro/E that can help me with this? I use WF 4.0 Thanks!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Yes. Just put the instance name in the column.

How exactly do I do this, I have not been using family tables for very long.

I'm trying to recall from memory since I don't have an assy with instances in it in my current workspace. When the instance name is in the column, you can highlight the cell where you want to change the part instance out in, go to tools (top menu in the family table), and it should allow the option to swap out that instance with any instance from the part family table.

Great! This worked perfectly. Thanks!
Top Tags