cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Feature Operations

ptc-6494791
1-Newbie

Feature Operations

Hi all,

I have a problem about Creo 3. Feature operations was really vital for me in Creo 2.0 but, in Creo 3 there is Flexible Modeling for it -i think-. I cant use it effectively. It works on surfaces not the solid. I mean when i want to transform something, i cant choose it from part tree. Shortly, is the name of feature operations changed or is it totally removed?

Thank you all.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feature operations menu manager has been indeed removed from Creo 3.0, because PTC feels other functionalities made it redundant. If you're after copying solid features use Copy (or Ctrl + C) and Paste or Paste Special commands. If you want to use translate and rotate options you should go with Copy > Paste Special > check Apply move/rotate transformations to copies option to get dashboard with Move/Rotate options for copies.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

feature operations i think you would get under-"operations" in creo 3.0

flexible modelling is for direct editing either ..non-native CAD data or native CAD data.

operations.jpgYes normally it must be there but I have only these

could you name the options please?

Sorry, i did not get it ? Which options?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6494791)

When in an assembly, transform is under component operations. Under the model tab, select the drop down arrow next to COMPONENT, then component operations. You will see transform there.

transform.jpg

Thank you Stephen but i need it in modelling step. For example i'm drawing a crank shaft so that i have to draw many counter weights on the shaft. But i draw one and then i can copy it with transform and rotate operations which are in feature operations. If i do it in assembly, can i save it as part again?

Feature operations menu manager has been indeed removed from Creo 3.0, because PTC feels other functionalities made it redundant. If you're after copying solid features use Copy (or Ctrl + C) and Paste or Paste Special commands. If you want to use translate and rotate options you should go with Copy > Paste Special > check Apply move/rotate transformations to copies option to get dashboard with Move/Rotate options for copies.

Thank you a lot Lukasz i will try it.

Top Tags