cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Fill Pattern doesn't work as needed

ptc-3381281
1-Newbie

Fill Pattern doesn't work as needed

I want to make fill pattern on a complex surface, I can do this on every single surface but the result is not that I needed... that is, there were mismatches on the borders... so I copied the surfaces into a single quilt and intended to make a pattern on it. But the droplist where I can select the option "Map to Surface UV Space" is dimmed... Here is the picture:

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Dagor and welcome to the forum.

This command is really nice but it is always frustrating when an option we need is not available.

I am going to suggest that the fill field sketch is not compatible with the patterned feature or the selected quilt. Is it possible to make the fill pattern normal to the plane that is shown (along the parting line)? I just did something very similar and it gave me a lot more control of the fill pattern.

Either that or your quilt needs to be split at the "parting line".

I am certainly no expert at fill patterns but just offering a suggestion or two to see if Creo is confused or something. In my quick model, I did have the other options available.

Hi Antonius. I just tried to use another sketch, perpendicular to the first one, with the same result. Actually the quilt I made is lying on the one side of the parting line, i.e. it is only half of the surface intended to fill. It looks like as soon as you select quilt instead of a single surface the option "Map to Surface UV Space" becomes unavailable.

Hi Dagor,
i have not tested this but I think this due to the fact that a quilt does not have just one U and V direction. Each patch of the quilt does, but not the quilt as such.
I guess you would have to construct a single patch surface with the same shape in order to be able to use that option.

You make a good point, Constantin. My work part was a surface rather than a quilt. Thank you for making the distinction.

Top Tags