cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Flat pattern decimal places in sheet metal

SuperBoot
4-Participant

Flat pattern decimal places in sheet metal

I'm looking for a solution to modify the decimal places shown in the bend note in a sheet metal flat pattern. The default is 2 decimal places & its shown in the sheet part bend note as shown in this example below:

&benddir__&BendDim90_00°

This needs to display as a parametric dimension in the drawing & not as a workaround.

I am submitting a support case as well.

links to members

The versions of Creo I currently use are 9.0 & 11.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SuperBoot
4-Participant
(To:SuperBoot)

Here is my interim solution.

Modify the unbend note to include the dimension name from the parent bend feature. If the feature was created from a shelled extrusion, remove the horizontal & vertical constraints & add a dimension representing the fold angle instead. That dimension name can also be used in the parametric note in the bend note.

Here’s the end result using the dimension name which I will use in the meantime. This is less problematic as it will at least show up as a failed parametric note if the parent dimension is deleted.

SuperBoot_0-1723614655535.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SuperBoot
4-Participant
(To:SuperBoot)

Here is my interim solution.

Modify the unbend note to include the dimension name from the parent bend feature. If the feature was created from a shelled extrusion, remove the horizontal & vertical constraints & add a dimension representing the fold angle instead. That dimension name can also be used in the parametric note in the bend note.

Here’s the end result using the dimension name which I will use in the meantime. This is less problematic as it will at least show up as a failed parametric note if the parent dimension is deleted.

SuperBoot_0-1723614655535.png

Top Tags