cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Flex_pipe setting in pro/piping MCAT file

JasonWu
1-Newbie

Flex_pipe setting in pro/piping MCAT file

Now I only use non_spec_driven model for drawing flexible pipe in pro/piping. but in Pro/e 5 help file I saw it may use spec_driven model too and need set "flex_pipe" in MCAT file, who know it how to set? Now I only draw straight pipe in spec_driven model.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:JasonWu)

Using the attached files

In piping_data\master_catalog\pipethk add thk_flex.ptd

In piping_data\master_catalog\pipeod add od_flex.ptd

In piping_data\master_catalog\pipe add pipe_flex.ptd

In piping_data\master_catalog\piping_units_system_dic_file.ptd add entries for the flex pipe (as per attached piping_units_system_dic_file.ptd)

In piping_data\master_catalog\piping_mcat_dir.ptd add entry for the flex pipe (as per attached piping_mcat_dir.ptd)

In piping_data\master_catalog\piping_material.ptd add entry for the flex pipe (as per attached piping_material.ptd)

Once you have added the files enter spec piping and when you go to define your new specification you will be able to select the flexible pipeline. once you have defined your new specification you will be able to select it for routing.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite

Using the attached files

In piping_data\master_catalog\pipethk add thk_flex.ptd

In piping_data\master_catalog\pipeod add od_flex.ptd

In piping_data\master_catalog\pipe add pipe_flex.ptd

In piping_data\master_catalog\piping_units_system_dic_file.ptd add entries for the flex pipe (as per attached piping_units_system_dic_file.ptd)

In piping_data\master_catalog\piping_mcat_dir.ptd add entry for the flex pipe (as per attached piping_mcat_dir.ptd)

In piping_data\master_catalog\piping_material.ptd add entry for the flex pipe (as per attached piping_material.ptd)

Once you have added the files enter spec piping and when you go to define your new specification you will be able to select the flexible pipeline. once you have defined your new specification you will be able to select it for routing.

Hello Jim,

I have copy these file to corresponding folders and I have setted up project data file(flex_asfile.ptd and piping_spec_dir.ptd), but system message is as following, do piping_manufacute_dir.ptd file need been setted up too?

Snap1.jpg

otherwise, I think in spec driven module it maybe should have option window for flexible or straight that like the similar window in non_spec_driven module.,so I may choose pipe is flexible or straight in spec driven module. Can it achieve?

Snap2.jpg

JimBarrettSmith
14-Alexandrite

Jason

Apologies I forgot about the attached file. Add the RB line in the attached file to your piping_manfuacture_dir.ptd

To set the line shape in spec you should select Pipe Envrnmt \ Line Shape \ Straight Done

Jim

Hi Jim,

I have successed to model the hose that you set up the size, it may choose flexible or straight. I will continue set up my hydraulics fittings library and finish your file. please continue to help me if any questions. thanks again.

Hello Jim,

I see the parameters: "SIZE_CODE" and "COMBINED_SIZE_CODE" in od_steel.ptd and combined_size_code.ptd, what is their purpose? May I be the blank cells for these parameters?

visu
1-Newbie

i am new to pro-e piping

May i kno whow to create SPEC DB? and create?

Thank you

Top Tags