cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Hiding specified value in a BOM

kspabs
7-Bedrock

Hiding specified value in a BOM

I'm just looking to hide the value of a specific parameter value in my drawing. For example, something along the lines of

if asm_mbr_cagecode = "2233"

then asm_mbr_cagecode="    "

I have a few parts in my smart BOM that need this parameter hidden if they are a certain value.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@kspabs wrote:

I'm just looking to hide the value of a specific parameter value in my drawing. For example, something along the lines of

I have a few parts in my smart BOM that need this parameter hidden if they are a certain value.

Hi,

in repeat region relations you cannot change model parameter values.

Use relation similar to following:

IF asm_mbr_cagecode = "2233"
my_cagecode = " "
ELSE
my_cagecode = asm_mbr_cagecode
ENDIF

And put &rpt.rel.my_cagecode in the table column.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@kspabs wrote:

Hi,

in repeat region relations you cannot change model parameter values.

Use relation similar to following:

IF asm_mbr_cagecode = "2233"
my_cagecode = " "
ELSE
my_cagecode = asm_mbr_cagecode
ENDIF

And put &rpt.rel.my_cagecode in the table column.

Martin Hanák

Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help. I learned Creo just using dummy BOMs and manually doing everything, but since taking the time to learn how to use Repeat Region I've saved myself alot of time.

I have run into an issue when adding this relation. I have a split BOM, with the relation:

myindex=rpt_index+53

With the column parameter: &rpt.rel.myindex

After adding the cagecode relation my find numbers and quantities have broken. Entries that have been manually fixed to a value, the Find No and Qty have gone blank since adding the cagecode relation. Any clue why?

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kspabs)

How did you create the split bom?

You should use Table/Paginate to split the table and the items numbers will continue as needed.

kdirth_0-1621538842578.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
kspabs
7-Bedrock
(To:kdirth)

Awesome, this is great to know. I've only been working on Creo for a little over 2 years and it isn't too intuitive so I have a lot to learn still.

EDIT:

So even doing this on a brand new BOM table, it is still breaking the find number and qty on hardware in my table. Any clue?

Fixed this by changing the paramter FROM rpt.rel.num TO rpt.qty

Top Tags