cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How can I change how dimension lines appear?

kboo
1-Newbie

How can I change how dimension lines appear?

Hi,

So I have this problem with how the dimension lines appear. With small dimensions when the arrows are outside of the witness lines there is no line to connect the witness lines. This becomes quite messy  when having a lot of small dimensions. I would like to change the dimension style so that the witness lines are always connected.

Does anyone know how to change this? I'm using creo 2.0.

Thanks.

dimension style.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kboo)

There is a drawing setup option under FILE PREPARE DRAWING PROPERTIES detail options CHANGE

default_lindim_text_orientation

use the value parallel_to_and_above_leader

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II

There is a drawing setup option under FILE PREPARE DRAWING PROPERTIES detail options CHANGE

default_lindim_text_orientation

use the value parallel_to_and_above_leader

mender
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

Noting that you appear to have ASME-style dimension cosmetics, and are interested in ISO/JIS/DIN style, you may also wish to look at the various options that differ between the default prodetail.dtl (ASME) and iso.dtl / din.dtl / etc.  Having figured the set of values that work for the standard you want, use this detail setup as your default (in your drawing template and/or the config 'drawing_setup_file'.

kboo
1-Newbie

Solved, thanks for replies.

Top Tags