cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How do I create a Table or Sketch from scratch.

ptc-5175589
1-Newbie

How do I create a Table or Sketch from scratch.

Hello, I am currently working on some 2D drawings and need to create a Table or Sketch that can be modified. Does anyone know where I can get the info on this. I have done the Sketch position and then the HELP says to creat your Sketch but does not say how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Roy and welcome to the forum.

Tables are "made on the fly" so to speak. They can be sized; fields can be merged; and limited formatting can be done for the containing text. Just look under the table tab in Creo (I'm assuming you are a Creo user) to get started.

Sketching is another matter. There are several drawing tools and translation tools. Helpful tools like grids and grid snap as well as sketching "helpers" will make a tedious job a little easier.

I know there must be some pretty good videos on how this stuff is done. You probably have access to the knowledge base. I would recommend beginning there, or the learning connector.

I am also going to ask what your end game is. What is it you are trying to accomplish. If you want to make formats with variables as format files rather than just drawings, you will also want to search the forum for helpful tips on how to make these.

Your question can become a huge subject, so if you can help narrow it down, we might be able to provide specific links to more targeted topics.

The sketching tools in Drawing lag far behind those in Modelling. As a result, I usually prefer to create 'drawing' sketches in the model, and use layers to control their visibility.

As Antonius says, this will of course depend on exactly what you're trying to do, and in what context you're trying to do it.

Top Tags