cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to make 2 hinges rotate together?

nmadsen
1-Newbie

How to make 2 hinges rotate together?

Hi,

I have a model of a hinge which has been assembled with a pin connection that allows for 180° movement.

hinge.PNG

I have inserted this hinge into an assembly where it connects two plates.

hinges.PNG

I can make the first hinge and the plate move together, but when I add the second hinge I cannot use 'Drag Components' to move the plate.

If anyone can provide some useful tips it will be much appreciated.

Regards

Niels

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solved!

Place the two hinges in a directional pattern allong the edge of the bottom plate.

Constrain the side plate to the first hinge then add an extra set of constraints and make the second hinge and the side plate coincident.

Now it works.

hinges2.PNG

/Niels

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Solved!

Place the two hinges in a directional pattern allong the edge of the bottom plate.

Constrain the side plate to the first hinge then add an extra set of constraints and make the second hinge and the side plate coincident.

Now it works.

hinges2.PNG

/Niels

Persistence is a wonderful thing

Top Tags