cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to prevent hyphens from being replaced by underscores during JT Import in Creo Parametric

kurt65
3-Visitor

How to prevent hyphens from being replaced by underscores during JT Import in Creo Parametric

Hello everyone,

I am encountering an issue with importing JT files into Creo Parametric 7.0.12.0 (also tested in Creo 11) that specifically affects parts. During the import process, hyphens ("-") in part names are automatically replaced with underscores ("_"). Interestingly, this behavior does not occur with assemblies and sub-assemblies, where hyphens are retained (please see attached images).

Is there a way to disable or modify this behavior so that hyphens in part names are preserved? Perhaps a hidden option in the configuration files (config.pro) or any other solution that someone might know?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Kurt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kurt65
3-Visitor
(To:kurt65)

Hello everyone,

I have found the cause of the issue where hyphens in part names are being replaced by underscores during the JT import into Creo Parametric.

The problem was not with Creo Parametric or its settings. It turned out that the source CAD system (Solid Edge), which generates the JT files, was not properly configured. The hyphens were being replaced by underscores in the source CAD system. This issue was not immediately apparent to me because the JT viewer (JT2Go) displayed the part names with hyphens.

After adjusting the configuration in the source CAD system, the import into Creo Parametric now works without any issues, and the hyphens in the part names are preserved.

Thank you for your support and helpful suggestions!

Best regards,
Kurt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Seems that JT file import is something that can be affected by a profile file, There's a config.pro option to specify the import and export profiles for this and many other file types.

The trouble is, I couldn't find anyplace that provided information as to what exactly is controllable with such a profile file. So I don't know if there is any sort of option in the profile file that would provide you with the behavior you want. Admittedly, I only did a cursory investigation, so maybe you can find more useful information.

kurt65
3-Visitor

Hello everyone,

I have found the cause of the issue where hyphens in part names are being replaced by underscores during the JT import into Creo Parametric.

The problem was not with Creo Parametric or its settings. It turned out that the source CAD system (Solid Edge), which generates the JT files, was not properly configured. The hyphens were being replaced by underscores in the source CAD system. This issue was not immediately apparent to me because the JT viewer (JT2Go) displayed the part names with hyphens.

After adjusting the configuration in the source CAD system, the import into Creo Parametric now works without any issues, and the hyphens in the part names are preserved.

Thank you for your support and helpful suggestions!

Best regards,
Kurt

Top Tags