cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to use Edge Display to hide lines (dimmed lines) in creo drawing?

sundardannana
10-Marble

How to use Edge Display to hide lines (dimmed lines) in creo drawing?

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this,

I have this situation. I need to hide some lines in creo drawing, so I started using Edge  Display tool from

Layout>edit> Edge Display

So it removes some of the solid lines, but some of the dimmed lines were unable to hide. Please see the attached Screenshot.

edge dispaly.PNG

Please suggest a better way,

Thanks and Regards,

Sundar Dannana.

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This problem has solved. I just switched off  this option

Capture.PNG

I have given hole with tapping. when I switched off this feature. Then it worked for me.

Anyway thanks,  @dschenken , @MartinHanak

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

please upload test drawing. Pictures are insufficient.

Martin Hanák

The usual cause of section problems is coincidence of the section plane with some part of the geometry. Moving the section a very small amount will often rectify the situation. There is also the sometimes condition that the section view direction is not correct for the view the section is in, causing all sorts of oddities.

The usual difficulty in erasing edges is that the already hidden edges are still available for selection so that if there are overlapping edges the one that is selected first will continue to be selected. This usually presents as a line that refuses to be hidden or removed when all that is happening is the first one keeps getting reselected. Use query-select to select the next one. 

If neither of these apply then, as Martin Hanak suggests, the model and the drawing will be required to figure out the particular problem.

This problem has solved. I just switched off  this option

Capture.PNG

I have given hole with tapping. when I switched off this feature. Then it worked for me.

Anyway thanks,  @dschenken , @MartinHanak

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.

I think you just switched your holes from threaded holes to clearance holes. It may print without the hidden lines, but if others read your data you may not get what you are looking for.

Yes,

Later I Realised that it solved my problem temporarily, But in its side projection another problem has raised again. The hole is not showing threads. 

It should show something like this

001.png

But it is showing something like this (After removing the Threading as mentioned in above)

Capture.PNG

Here what I have done is, I draw a sketch in 3D model, and changed the line properties to the centerline. 

Regards,

Sundar Dannana,

Engineer.

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.
Top Tags