cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

IFX - problem with custom parameters and relations

durgela
6-Contributor

IFX - problem with custom parameters and relations

Our customer was create a start_mdl_cfg file with custom parameters and param_relation. txt file with relations. All parameters and relations are created corrrectly in profiles, connectors, etc, however, it doesn´t work while I creating screws, pins and washers in AFX in Creo Parametric 2.0.  Answer with PTC is, that a start_mdl currently does not work for parts of smart library and when I need to add parameters, so i need to opening template models with Creo and adding parameters manually.

Can you help me a better solution? I need a designated parameters. Or you can add this functionality in next version of IFX in Creo Parametric 3.0 and next datcode in Creo Parametric  (AFX module) 2.0?

Good news: We add this functionality in Creo 3.0

We now have an ifx_start_mdl.cfg for IFX. Refer to the Creo Parametric Help Center

The ifx_start_mdl.cfg Configuration file

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

this is a good idea. We think about to add this functionality to one of the next IFX 3.0 releases.

To track this idea can you please move this idea to the new group Intelligent Fastener Extension - IFX

Thanks

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:durgela)

Ryan Kelley

Please move this to the IFX Group.

All set.

Thanks!

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH