cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Imporper Assembling encountered.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Imporper Assembling encountered.

I have a generic part that I have an exploded view that I show as a side view so that I can "see inside the box".

exploded_generic.jpg

Then I have an instance of that generic that I am trying to show the exploded view.

exploded_instance.jpg

Circled in red above is:

Improper assembling encountered.

Assembly components have been successfully exploded.

Cannot animate as current explode state is unsaved.

Improper assembling encountered.

I have never had this pop up before. Typically the instances all show up as the same as the generic. I walked though the tree to see if there was any errors in assembly, but there was none that I could see (or that showed up in red as errors).

Any clues as to what may be happening.

Thanks,

Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Work around - created a second exploded view "Packaging_Side2" and now it works with all instances. Must be something corrupt, though, because I cannot "remove" "Packaging_side" exploded view. It just won't let me.

That entire view manager dialog drives me nuts.

I have submitted cases where "phantom" features seem to hang around. No way to pick them but definitely there with dependencies. I think you called it correctly; it is a corrupt reference somewhere which really should worry you if you plan to save the part for production.

File corruption should be taken seriously by PTC. If you can submit the file, maybe with earlier versions before the corruption, it can only help better the software.

If you want, I can certainly look at it (or truncated version) and see if the problem is resolvable.

BTW: you can disable explode animation: animate_explode_states no (config.pro)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

How do you go about submitting a file to PTC for this?

maintenance customer>create a support case>add attachement to the case.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Is the menu tree you are describing from ProE/Creo or from this website?

Antonius Dirriwachter wrote:

maintenance customer>create a support case>add attachement to the case.

I like creating new cases directly on the PTC support site.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Thanks.

PTC.com

Technical Support (brings up My eSupport)

Second box from the bottom right - eSupport Tools

Third line - Create a New Support Case.

Thanks Antonious. (I did not submit one on this since I deleted it and recreated it without out the error.)

Actually I just re-read my answer and since I couldn't delete the one view, I make still submit.

Thanks again.

Top Tags