cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Including mass properties in the Family Table

ptc-2033198
1-Newbie

Including mass properties in the Family Table

Hi, I need to show mass properties for all instances in family table.One of my colegue told it is achieved by model analysis (Behaviour modeling).Pls give me some suggestion.And anybody having behaviour modeling material pls send my mail id. My Id - Thanks and Regards kannan.k
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Kannan, I think I can help you here, but to achieve ityou will need to add a column in the family table with the mass of each instance, rather that each instance being calculated. If this what you are after let me know.

Kannan is right, ---------------------------------------------------- For that u have to add a parameter, say name is "Weight" then u can add this parameter is one of the column in ur family table, But this case, u have to check each instance weight, after that u have to enter in the family tabel Weight column Otherwise U need to write a relation then u will get weight atomatically according to volume. regards Venu

Sorry, Lindsay is right

You can use the System Mass parameters in the 2D repeat region. Perfom Model analysis for mass properties and save the model analysis results as feature, which will create the results as parameter (mass/volume/area). Later use these parameters in the family table. -Chander

yes chander, That is the procedure.But i can't get the result in family table. Can you explain briefly? please. Thanks and regards kannan.k

Use model anlysis- mass properties - save the results to get the required parameters (mass/volume/area) in the generic model. Once you have the parameters in the generic model, include these parameters in the Family table. You may have to use filter to get only the desired parameters listed out in the drawing,using 2d repeat region. Hope this is clear. -Chander

Example: Including Mass Properties in the Family Table Summary: This example shows how to use the analysis feature in conjunction with Family tables. Problem: You want to select an instance from the Family table by its mass. Solution: You can use the analysis feature to create a desired measurement (in this example - mass properties) and include it in the Family table. The following basic steps outline this example: 1. Open a part file and select the generic part to retrieve. 2. Create an analysis feature. In the ANALYSIS dialog box, do the following: � Enter the name of the analysis, bolt_mass. � Select Model Analysis as the type of the analysis. � Click Next to go to the next page to specify a parameter that you want to create. � Select Model Mass Properties as the type of measure. � Click Compute to compute the mass. � Click Close. � Under Result params, select the parameter Mass and click Yes to create this parameter. � Click Next to create a coordinate system as a result of the analysis feature. � Under Result datums, select the coordinate system, click Yes to create, and specify the name for the coordinate system. � Click OK. 3. Include a new parameter of the type Feature in the Family table. Select the analysis feature from the Model tree, and then select the parameter Mass. 4. To update the Family table, click Tools > Verify. Pro/ENGINEER regenerates the table and includes the mass parameter in the Family table. Close the Family tree window. 5. Open the Family table. Notice that the table contains a new column, mass (see the next figure). Now you can select an instance by its mass.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags