cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is there a way to create scripts (in Schematics) that can pause for user action, then continue?

BillF
13-Aquamarine

Is there a way to create scripts (in Schematics) that can pause for user action, then continue?

I can create trail files and can make them into custom commands and attach them to mapkeys.

Is there a way to call routines that can pause for the user to select items, then continue?

In particular, I have a user that wants to have a command that allows him to start a fiber and then apply a data set to the wire before continuing on to the next one.

It is easy to make a trail file/mapkey that automates the process to start placement of a generic wire.

It is easy to make a trail file/mapkey that automates the process to apply a data set to selected fibers.

I need the ability to combine the two with a pause that lets him place the fiber(s), select them, and then continue to the second set of commands.

Bill

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aoler
9-Granite
(To:BillF)

Bill,

The software almost does this out of the box. Go to File>Options>Design and Check the box under Instancing 'Edit parameters following instancing of design elements'.

With this option checked, when you drop a Block or Group shape into your drawing the Properties window pops up so you can apply a Dataset or fill out any other Properties.

However, this does not work for Fibers or Cables. I would file this with PTC and see if it is a bug. It would seem like the behavior should be consistent.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aoler
9-Granite

Bill,

The software almost does this out of the box. Go to File>Options>Design and Check the box under Instancing 'Edit parameters following instancing of design elements'.

With this option checked, when you drop a Block or Group shape into your drawing the Properties window pops up so you can apply a Dataset or fill out any other Properties.

However, this does not work for Fibers or Cables. I would file this with PTC and see if it is a bug. It would seem like the behavior should be consistent.

BillF
13-Aquamarine

Thanks Aron, this is the only time I heard of this option.  I remember looking through all the options long ago but didn't know that this could be an issue back then.  I will need to reread them and see what else might be useful.

I hope that we can get back to having the monthly online "TC" meetings to discuss things like this.

Bill

Top Tags