cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Leading zero for metric GD&T tolerance in Creo 4

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Leading zero for metric GD&T tolerance in Creo 4

This is maddening.  If I create a dimension under 1mm (i.e.0.5), I get the leading zero, but if I create a GD&T symbol, say, a Flatness tolerance of 0.05mm, I do NOT get the leading zero, and it shows up as ".05".  this is infuriating, especially since I did a dwg maybe a month or so ago where it worked fine and I got the leading zero for the same Flatness tolerance!

Anyone get this?  I've gone thru a ton of settings, and nothing is working.  The one thing that worked was setting the dwg to mm units, which FUBAR'd everything else and which I DIDN'T do on the dwg that worked.

I hate metric...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alright, I finally stumbled across it, and it ONLY takes effect after a regen:  This is annoying.  Why would PTC think that you would want GD&T  tolerances in the GD&T frame (Flatness, Position, etc.) to be any different than a +/- tolerance on a length?  TOTAL PITA.  I saved the .dtl file so hopefully this won't be an issue again.  The setting that worked (only after a regen) was:

gtol_lead_trail_zeros           lead_only(metric)

Did I mention how much I hate metric?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Alright, I finally stumbled across it, and it ONLY takes effect after a regen:  This is annoying.  Why would PTC think that you would want GD&T  tolerances in the GD&T frame (Flatness, Position, etc.) to be any different than a +/- tolerance on a length?  TOTAL PITA.  I saved the .dtl file so hopefully this won't be an issue again.  The setting that worked (only after a regen) was:

gtol_lead_trail_zeros           lead_only(metric)

Did I mention how much I hate metric?

Glad you found it. Note that you may have only fixed that one specific files dtl. There is a default dtl that gets copied into new files. There are also start part and templates to consider. I work with a lot of old files and its a real mess updating config settings and then fixing everything 

Hope you like configuration because PTC heard you like configuration so they put a config inside your config inside your config so you achieve full Inception.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:BG_9869104)

LOL  Right?  Sometimes it seems like it's buried more than 3 levels.  It seems like they move the location of these config files around without telling anyone every revision.  Makes doing configuration a TOTAL PITA.  Thankfully I rarely do metric dwgs, so, the .dtl that I have automatically load each time for my inch dwgs works fine.  They really made this more difficult that it should be.  There is absolutely no reason for there to be 2 different settings for this.  Per ASME and ISO standards, metric gets a zero to the left of the decimal point for numbers smaller than 1, and truncates the zeros after the last non-zero digit to the right of the decimal point.  Simple.  But nooooo.....

Top Tags