cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Local Group Aborted

scott_rockwell
5-Regular Member

Local Group Aborted

I have been trying to create groups of components in a large assembly and every time I try to add a patterned fasteners to the group I get this type of message.  

The funny thing is that even if I try to group only id42 and id 39318 I get the same messages and the group aborts.

Any advice?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

"feat id 42" is the feature the pattern is based on in the referenced part not the referenced part feat id.  Look at the feature info of the the first part in the pattern to determine the feat id of the referenced part.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
scott_rockwell
5-Regular Member
(To:kdirth)

I did a bit more investigating and found something interesting.

Originally, item A in the group is a simple assembly consisting of a plate (A1) with a patterned set of holes with hardware (A2) installed /patterned using a reference pattern. Item B in the group is another piece of hardware assembled to A2 and reference patterned.  As it should be.

This combination would not successfully group.

If I change the item B pattern from "reference" type to "direction" then the group creates successfully.

Seems like a bug to me.  I'll try to work up a simple assembly to recreate for PTC.

I'm fighting that same fight currently.  It's frustrating.  In my assembly's case, I have a set of sub-assemblies that I am doing an axial pattern to get a symmetrical pairing, but since the hardware that's assembled and reference patterned to the axial pattern leader I now either have to change my hardware reference pattern to directional and loose the parametric functionality of that referencing or add a whole other set of hardware onto the axial pattern instance and roll the dice on ever having to modify that pattern (since you can't add/remove pattern leader members with an edit or drag/drop) which would cause all those hardware references to fail.

Top Tags