cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mirror Feature Issue

Sachin
1-Newbie

Mirror Feature Issue

Hi,

I am trying to add the mirror feature in the attached part.

I made some changes in the parent feature, which is not getting updated in the mirrored feature.

I have kept the dependency option ON in the mirror definition.

Can somebody, please let me know what is the issue in this model?

Thanks,

Sachin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Sachin,

I did the following test in Creo Parametric 2.0 M070:

1. I opened your model and deleted Mirror feature
  2. I selected Extrude 3 feature in Model Tree and use Mirror command
  3. I selected DTM3 and finished Mirror feature
  4. I modified dimension=22 to 33 in Extrude 3 feature and regenerated part
  5. I checked Mirror feature ... it contains dimension=33

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I rarely trust a mirror to update when I expect it to. Unlike patterns, mirrors seem to get a duplicate rather than a copy. I don't use them often enough to really understand their dependencies.

This little popup might help

mirror_dependency_broken.PNG

The only thing I found that created the part you had where the extrusion remained Extrude 3 (2) is the right mouse button "make section independent". Nothing really tells you this happened but it does disassociate the mirrored extrusion. Your version no longer has that option with the RMB. Otherwise, yes, as Martin suggests, mirror by default is fully dependent.

mirror_section_independent.png

This might be an oversight on PTC development. An independent mirror has a different icon where you get the hint one side may not be like the other. But making the section independent does not change the icon although it is independent. It does change while editing, but reverts back.

mirror_icon_not_updating.PNG

Can one of PTC's tech support peeps weigh in on this please?

Top Tags