cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model Check installation

amedina
1-Newbie

Model Check installation

Ok, I have model check working on most computers here. But then some users
were not seeing the same errors as others. I see that I am using the correct
config file and the users who get different results are not... So hey that
is the solution to the problem, just make sure the rouge computers get the
right config files for model check.

The question is how???

We have a network folder that has several folders and files:
config, html, info, menus, rules, spell, and then some .txt files and a log
file

our mch file is in model_check\config\check

so how is it that Pro/e knows where in the network we have this file?
There is no model check configuration step when installing pro/e
there is no model_check folder in the config.pro that I know of

so it puzzles me how the software even knows where the check file is at.

Any ideas to shed some light into this misery?

regards,

Alfonso

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

OK found it! We set up the $MCDIR environmental variable in our custom
bat file.

Thanks Chris!

Check the loadpoint, you may be getting modelcheck info from there. Use the
> Help-System Information dialog to see if the software is loading any other
> config.pro or config.sup files from anywhere also.
>
>
>
>
>
> Christopher F.
>
>

In Reply to alfonso medina:

Also, if you are interested, we set up a .bat file that retrieves all of the configs from a share drive, put them in the proper location on the user's local workstation, then invokes WF.

Here is an example -

start_wildfire.bat:

copy P:\PTC\ProE_batch_files\09292010_WF4_M160\32bit\PTC_WF4m160.bat C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\bin\PTC_WF4m160.bat

C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\bin\PTC_WF4m160.bat

PTC_WF4m160.bat:

TITLE Starting Wildfire 4.0 M160 32bit
color 0f
MODE CON: COLS=50 LINES=20
echo Check-in often and stay updated!
echo ________________________________________________
echo.
ping -n 4 127.0.0.1 > nul
echo Copying DRS-TS ProE Config Files...
echo ......................................
echo.

copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\configs\config.sup c:\PTC\WF4m160x32\text\config.sup > nul
copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\configs\config.pro c:\PTC\WF4m160x32\text\config.pro > nul

copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\configs\config.win.1 c:\PTC\WF4m160x32\text\config.win.1 > nul
echo "Copying start parts, formats, and details...."
copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\configs\drs-ts.dtl c:\ptc\work\pro_starts\drs-ts.dtl > nul
copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\configs\tree.cfg c:\ptc\work\tree.cfg > nul
copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\configs\appearance.dmt c:\ptc\work\pro_starts\appearance.dmt > nul
copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\configs\a-size.pcf c:\ptc\work\pro_starts\a-size.pcf > nul
copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\configs\b-size.pcf c:\ptc\work\pro_starts\b-size.pcf > nul

copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\templates\drs-ts_start_part-ts.prt.1 c:\ptc\work\pro_starts\drs-ts_start_part-ts.prt.1 > nul
copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\templates\drs-ts_start_asm-ts.asm.1 c:\ptc\work\pro_starts\drs-ts_start_asm-ts.asm.1 > nul

copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\formats\9999-99999-9982.frm.1 c:\ptc\work\pro_starts\9999-99999-9982.frm.1 > nul
copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\formats\9999-99999-9992.frm.1 c:\ptc\work\pro_starts\9999-99999-9992.frm.1 > nul
echo.
echo.
REM echo "Copying DRS-TS ModelCHECK Config Files...."
echo.
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\condition.mcc C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\condition.mcc > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\config.gmc C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\config.gmc > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\config_init.mc C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\config_init.mc > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\setconf.mcc C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\setconf.mcc > nul

REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\check\default_checks.mch C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\check\default_checks.mch > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\check\simple_checks.mch C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\check\simple_checks.mch > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\check\strict_checks.mch C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\check\strict_checks.mch > nul

REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\constant\inch.mcn C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\constant\inch.mcn > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\constant\mm.mcn C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\constant\mm.mcn > nul

REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\groups\checker.mcg C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\groups\checker.mcg > nul

REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\start\default_start.mcs C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\start\default_start.mcs > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\start\nostart.mcs C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\start\nostart.mcs > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\start\sample_start.mcs C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\start\sample_start.mcs > nul

REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\status\sample_status.mcq C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\status\sample_status.mcq > nul

REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\angles.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\angles.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\custom_checks.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\custom_checks.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\designers.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\designers.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\detail_info.dtl C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\detail_info.dtl > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\holes.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\holes.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\lists.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\lists.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\mc_regen.mcr C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\mc_regen.mcr > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\msg_mc.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\msg_mc.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\notes.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\notes.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\rel_update.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\rel_update.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\req_note.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\req_note.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\thick.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\thick.txt > nul
REM copy P:\PTC\pushed_components\09292010\modelcheck\text\usascii\config\text\unacc_note.txt C:\PTC\WF4m160x32\modchk\text\usascii\config\text\unacc_note.txt > nul

set PTC_WF_ROOT=c:\PTC\WORK\WindchillWF4m160\Windchill_%USERNAME%

echo.
echo.
echo "Opening ProE........."

c:\PTC\WF4m160x32\bin\proe.exe

Ok, I have model check working on most computers here. But then some users
were not seeing the same errors as others. I see that I am using the correct
config file and the users who get different results are not... So hey that
is the solution to the problem, just make sure the rouge computers get the
right config files for model check.

The question is how???

We have a network folder that has several folders and files:
config, html, info, menus, rules, spell, and then some .txt files and a log
file

our mch file is in model_check\config\check

so how is it that Pro/e knows where in the network we have this file?
There is no model check configuration step when installing pro/e
there is no model_check folder in the config.pro that I know of

so it puzzles me how the software even knows where the check file is at.

Any ideas to shed some light into this misery?

regards,

Alfonso

David T. Francis

Thank you.... I just noticed, I do still have the REM (remark) in there as I actually am not copy the configs yet.

I am attempting to set up mutliple config files depengin on lifecycle / release state.

What I cannot figure out is how to make a boolen work in the config file as in the following:

(These are the states and parameters PTC documentation suggest, however, I want to add the AND statement for IN vs. MM)

# OVERRIDE CHECKS

IF ( NOCHECK ) NOCHECK

#Lifecycle States INCH

IF ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE EQ Basic ) AND ( MODEL_UNIT EQ INCH )

config=(check/basic_check.mch)(start/basic_start.mcs)(constant/inch.mcn)(status/basic_status.mcq)

IF ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE EQ Release) AND ( MODEL_UNIT EQ INCH )

config=(check/release_check.mch)(start/release_start.mcs)(constant/inch.mcn)(status/release_status.mcq)

IF ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE EQ Approval) AND ( MODEL_UNIT EQ INCH )

config=(check/approval_check.mch)(start/approval_start.mcs)(constant/inch.mcn)(status/approval_status.mcq)

IF ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE EQ Review ) AND ( MODEL_UNIT EQ INCH )

config=(check/review_check.mch)(start/review_start.mcs)(constant/inch.mcn)(status/review_status.mcq)

#Lifecycle States MM

IF ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE EQ Basic) AND ( MODEL_UNIT EQ MM )

config=(check/basic_check.mch)(start/basic_start.mcs)(constant/mm.mcn)(status/basic_status.mcq)

IF ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE EQ Release) AND ( MODEL_UNIT EQ MM )

config=(check/release_check.mch)(start/release_start.mcs)(constant/mm.mcn)(status/release_status.mcq)

IF ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE EQ Approval) AND ( MODEL_UNIT EQ MM )

config=(check/approval_check.mch)(start/approval_start.mcs)(constant/mm.mcn)(status/approval_status.mcq)

IF ( PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE EQ Review ) AND ( MODEL_UNIT EQ MM )

config=(check/review_check.mch)(start/review_start.mcs)(constant/mm.mcn)(status/review_status.mcq)

ELSE set the fallback (CADDocument OIR - LifeCycle Name at

Container level)

David T. Francis

Top Tags