cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Model Check to Identify Text Symbols in Parameters

ScottCrowe
1-Newbie

Model Check to Identify Text Symbols in Parameters

I'm looking for any ideas on how to use Model Check to detect when a Text Symbol, such as diameter symbol, plus minus symbol, etc...,is used in a String Type Parameter. Problems occur when the Text symbols exist in a parameter that is being passed to our PDM system.

The parameter is defined as length_51 and is not restricted to a list nor could it be.

WF4, M150

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hay Scott

You could make a Jlink program that iterates all parameters and, when they are strings, check if there is a strange symbol, then give a message. You could have a mapkey that runs that program.
For example, we have a program that runs a similar check on parameters, and call it from my save mapkey.

Best regards

Daniel

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 15/05/2012, a las 22:26, Scott Crowe <dsc@deltafaucet.com> escribió:

> I'm looking for any ideas on how to use Model Check to detect when a Text Symbol, such as diameter symbol, plus minus symbol, etc..., is used in a String Type Parameter. Problems occur when the Text symbols exist in a parameter that is being passed to our PDM system.
>
> The parameter is defined as length_51 and is not restricted to a list nor could it be.
>
> WF4, M150
>
>
>
>
> Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription
>
> Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
>
Top Tags