cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

New to Creo and visual cosmetic threads

S550Stang
3-Visitor

New to Creo and visual cosmetic threads

Adding cosmetic threads to a shaft or hole in a model did not give expected results.  I would have expected a surface texture map or some feature easily seen.  Is there a way to display these threads?

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:S550Stang)

Sorry, no.  Not in Creo.

S550Stang
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

much appreciated, thank you!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Take your model into a drawing view and you will see the cosmetic threads as dashed lines or what ever you set them to for display.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

I'm guessing @S550Stang was looking for a graphical representation of the threads without necessarily having to create the geometry.  Other CAD packages already do this, as shown in the picture below from Inventor.  Creo unfortunately does not, and will not in the foreseeable future.

TomU_0-1606936810013.png

S550Stang
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

yup yup....  would be nice.

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

You could do your own thing via a mapkey, a bit like I recently explained here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/Calculating-surface-are-of-a-threaded-hole/m-p/700790/highlight/true#M35041

Instead of searching for a quilt, make a query that searches for surface by feature, type = has thread, AND by surface, type = cylindrical. I haven't found a way to only find solid surfaces, so this will color the quilt as well, but that probably doesn't matter. Then apply a specific appearance on it. You could even get real fancy and make multiple queries that filter on thread diameter and/or pitch, applying different appearances to each.

Of course, it wouldn't be automatic, and you'd have to press the mapkey every time you add new holes to update.

Top Tags