cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Opening up the drawing of a part quickly.

PhilipRoy
1-Newbie

Opening up the drawing of a part quickly.

Hello; In my work place, we name name all of our parts the same thing. For example Nut.prt would have a drawing called Nut.drw. For some reason, when I have a drawing open but no part, and I click open, it defaults to its respective part. However, when I have a part open but no drawing, and I click open, it has the first part in the library in the text box. I'm wondering if there is some way to set it so that when I click "open" when I have only a part open, that it will have its respective part in the text box automatically. OR Is there some clever way to set a mapkey so that if I have a part open, I can click the key and it will open its drawing. Both the drawing and part will always have the same name. Thanks!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

In my workplace we name all of our parts and drawings the same thing***

What if you used the Pro-E browser window instead of the "Open" command? If you browse to the first item that you want that day, then re-expand the browser window, will you be browsing in the same "neighborhood"? Or does it default back to the first file in that folder? I agree that what you are experiencing is a hassle, especially when dealing with very large folders.

Have you guys tried to use SEARCH (upper right in file browesr) to filter large, dense folders?

http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35194&KW=open+drawing Reinhard
Top Tags