cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Ordinate Dimension Cleanup

ptc-1868133
1-Newbie

Ordinate Dimension Cleanup

When using ordinate dimensions to detail relatively close features, the dimensions show up overlapping each other. Is there a way to have ProE automatically add a jog?

I found an old post from 2007 with the same question, but no replies. Hopefully that isn't an ominous sign...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:ptc-1868133)

That's a good question.

My personal experience would normally tell me "no" but there may be a way to
tag a set of dimensions, or a view and do a dimension cleanup.

Michael P. Locascio

If you use the auto-create ordinate dimension feature it will auto jog the
dimensions that will overlap, you will have to go through and delete extra
ordinate dimensions that you probably don't want but it will be easier
once you get used to it.

Brian S. Lynn
Technical Coordinator, Product Engineering

This subject has made me curse for the past 10 years since switching to Pro... I've complained about the usefulness of a clean-up tool for ordinate dimensions at user group meetings to the PTC reps...I'm pretty sure that was in one ear and out the other. Detailing drawings doesn't seem to be a big concern of PTC. mb

The regular Dim Clean Up tool works on Ordinate dimensions, do you not get
the results you want?

Also there is less clean up if you use the auto ordinate dim tool, but yes
there is still quite a bit.

Merry Christmas & happy holidays,

Brian S. Lynn
Technical Coordinator, Product Engineering
Top Tags