cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Original d# dimension names for renamed dimensions?

mganzer
1-Newbie

Original d# dimension names for renamed dimensions?

I have a model where several dimensions have been renamed via their properties, i.e. d4 was renamed "length" etc. How do I find the original name for length was d4? IFX wants the original names, but I cannot find this in the information or properties anywhere, yet if I add a relation d4=1.00 the length will change to 1.00. When I reopen the relations editor that line now says length=1.00. Not a practical way to track these down.

Thanks,

Mark

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Mark,

There may be a better way, but this has always worked for me…

Add the dimension to a family table (you can cancel out without ever actually saving the table) and it will show the original dimension name in the family table. I believe it actually will show the original name just by hovering over the dimension once you go into that mode without actually selecting it to put in the family table. But hovering over it otherwise (as in edit) it will show the new name.

Not ideal, but it works!

Donna Andersen
CAD Designer

Medallion Instrumentation Systems
17150 Hickory Street
Spring lake, Michigan 49456

Phone : 616-850-8018
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:mganzer)

I believe that the “d4” portion of this argument never changes. That explains why you were able to find it and why your named dimension reverted to that d4 reference.

Mike Locascio

SteveFowler
4-Participant
(To:mganzer)

Mark

I haven't done that for a time but I am thinking the switch dimension command will show the original.

Steve

Top Tags