cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Part flipping/self rotating in explode view

ptc-4401773
1-Newbie

Part flipping/self rotating in explode view

What I'm designing is a piston and piston rod with a simple crank...when defining the placement of the piston I have to "flip axis constraints" in order for the piston to sit on the piston rod correctly...

Then when I explode the assembly the piston rotates 180 degrees..i.e. I am supposed to be looking at the face of the piston in exploded view but instead due to the rotation I am looking at the rear of the piston....

I have tried to redefine the movement in view manager--edit postion with no luck...

I can toggle to view a single piston in its unexploded state but when I attempt to drag it to its proper location in the exploded assembly mode the part flips 180 degrees...

I'm at a loss, Please help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out....It has something to do with using the "default explode" in view manager....I created a new explode and everything works as it should.....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4401773)

Try adding an additional assembly constraint, such as Mate or Align using datum planes and see if it stops rotating.

I figured it out....It has something to do with using the "default explode" in view manager....I created a new explode and everything works as it should.....

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags