cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Pattering a Pattern of patterns

Askarke
9-Granite

Pattering a Pattern of patterns

Is it possible to pattern a pattern of patterns?
I am able to create a pattern of patterns, but i would like to know if i could create another level.
I have tried several times, but pattern interface is disabled.

See the image below, can i create another element that creates a pattern which includes father and sons?

Askarke_0-1678882346483.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Askarke)

Unfortunately, geometry pattern is not available in assembly mode.  For an assembly you can stack 2 patterns (that gets you patterning in 4 directions).  To get more you would need to create a sub-assembly and pattern the sub-assembly.

kdirth_0-1678969357859.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kdirth
20-Turquoise

In creo 7 the answer is no.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Creo allows you to pattern in 2 directions with one pattern.

You can create a geometry pattern of a pattern of a pattern.

kdirth_0-1678884203067.png

Askarke
9-Granite
(To:kdirth)

Im just doing test for my thesis. All i wanted is being able to create an assembly using patterns and parts.
In this case, I had created a part and then I built a pattern (son 1). Once that pattern had been created, I built another pattern of that pattern (Father) which includes both patterns.
My final purpose is  to create another pattern which multiples Father a few times.

How can I create a geometry pattern of a pattern of a pattern?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Unfortunately, geometry pattern is not available in assembly mode.  For an assembly you can stack 2 patterns (that gets you patterning in 4 directions).  To get more you would need to create a sub-assembly and pattern the sub-assembly.

kdirth_0-1678969357859.png

Askarke
9-Granite
(To:kdirth)

Thanks mate!

Note that geometry pattern can be applied numerous times to duplicate geometry generated by previously applied patterns:

pausob_0-1678905771751.png

Askarke
9-Granite
(To:pausob)

How did u create that? I dont know how to insert "Pattern_of_patterns" feauture to create a group with the pattern. I dont know how to create that pattern that includes copy geometry neither.

Top Tags