cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Pattern of Feasibility Features

dipi
1-Newbie

Pattern of Feasibility Features

Hello,

I am looking for a possibility to do the following as a pattern:

1. 2 parallel planes with one point on each at different plane coordinates.
  2. 1 curve that connects the points with orthogonal condition at the start and the end (with respect to the two planes)
  3. 1 Analysis Feature, that contains the curve length
  4. 1 Feasibility Feature, that varies the distance between the planes, so that the analysis feature (curve length) has a given value

Trying to put that into a UDF, I was told by Creo, that it was not possible to copy a feasibility feature.

I would like to perform the above operations as a 2D dimensioning pattern, where the "lower" points coordinate increments are less than the "higher" point increments. This would result in smaller distance between the two parallel planes.

How can I do that?

curve_def.PNG

I did it manually for 4 curves, but it is not possible to do it for my pattern application manually:

curve_def_manually.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dipi
1-Newbie
(To:dipi)

Is there some possibility at all, to generate the OPTIM1-Feature as a pattern?

Top Tags