cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Pattern-sketch on sweep

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Pattern-sketch on sweep

‌Hi

using CREO2, I'd like to manage a dynamic sketch inside a sweep.

Based on parameters, I'd need to obtain a sweep section with one ,

two, three or more circles with regular distance around a centre

( like a pattern feature based on axis).

Any ideas ?

thanks in advance.

Pier

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Something like a variable section sweep?  Many ways to drive a dynamic sketch for precise control.

CoreySusie
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

I think they are saying they need to vary the number of circles swept, which becomes more challenging than varying dims within a singular sketch.

Ah, that makes sense now... Then I would pattern the sweep using pattern table variables for the angle, radius, and quantity.  Values can be derived from input.

Hi

let me try to explain.

I have a sweep trajectory that is a complex 3D Curve .

As internal section I could have one or more circle . This geometry is driven by some relations (circle diameters, quantity , ...)

It's not possible to create a pattern of single sweep feature ( the trajectory is not linear ) .

A reference model is a rope with groups of wire inside.

wire.jpg

many thanks

Pier

Hi,

what is the purpose of such model ?

MH

Martin Hanák

The problem is that we cannot pattern inside sketches as you can in SolidWorks.

In the end, you have to create 1 strand and make copies with the different parameters.

If you can accomplish the different parameters with a pattern and a pattern table, then the feature is easier to manage.

Personally, I would opt for keeping a sweep for each number of strands required.

You still have the option of gauge and radial placement.

I am not convinced you cannot pattern the sweep even if it is along a spline.  Before I make it fact, I will have to try it.  That will have to wait.

Top Tags