cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Piping - Moving pipe segments

cgutierrez
2-Guest

Piping - Moving pipe segments

I would like to know if it's possible to adjust the angles of the "legs" used when you insert break points in a segment of pipe, then move that pipe segment.  It seems to only use 90 degree bends even if the line stock specifies only 45 degrees as a bend angle.

Here's a basic pipe run I made this as a quick example...

step01.png

Step 1

Add 2 break points to the 120" segment, 24" from each end.

step02.png

Step 2

Use the Move Segment command to move the new segment by 12"

step03.png

Step 3

After completing the command double click the 12" segment (what I referred to above as the "legs") created.  Notice there are no angular adjustments possible...only bend radius and the length can be adjusted.

step04.png

Step 4

Try not to freak out when you realize there's no way to get that 12" segment to use bend angles other than 90 degrees

Fb1v0qh.gif

Does ANYONE know of a way to add an offset to an existing pipe segment that will allow you to adjust the angle of the legs?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags