cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Plastic part design analysis

Whirlpool100
6-Contributor

Plastic part design analysis

Does anyone know of a software program that works with CREO and can analyze a plastic part design? This would include checking drafts (including parts with slides and/or lifters), uniform wall thickness, rib height and base width, undercuts, etc...

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Moldflow

It may be owned by Autodesk, but it does handle parts from Creo, NX, Catia and others.

Ben,

PTC does have Mold Analysis which is similar but we are looking for something more for product designers that don't have a lot of plastic design experience. So, we are not looking for something that will help locate gates or analyze shrinkage and things of that nature. 

Really just a check for the basics.

Thanks for your reply, however!

I don't know of any software, but for all that kind of stuff, I learned from experience and from a guy very knowledgeable in plastics design.  As a result I became very good at it.  I hate seeing noobs being allowed to take shortcuts in learning and relying on software for everything, they don't learn anything from it.  There are tools in Creo that will check draft, but nothing I know to check ribs and wall thickness.  IMO teach them good practices, beat it into them if needed, and you'll be better off.

My $.02

Top Tags