cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Plotting drawing extents instead of current view?

ptc-4130560
1-Newbie

Plotting drawing extents instead of current view?

Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new convert to CREO and am adjusting to the differences. One thing that's changed (for me) from WF5 is that when I print a 2D drawing to PDF it prints only what I'm looking at on the screen. Other co-workers tell me their systems have always worked this way but in WF5 My system would always plot the whole drawing regardless of how I was viewing it (zoom/pan didn't matter.)

Is this a setting that I just can't find or was I just lucky before?

Thanks in advance!

Landon

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4130560)

Yes, I'm using Creo element/Pro 5.0 ...

Don't you have any setting tab in the Print dialog ?

That's what i'm talking about:

Capture5.JPG

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I am still on WF5/Creo and no matter what the zoom level is at, both .pdf and .dwg printing is set to the full drawing/boarder, but Ctrl-P printing to a printer prints at the zoomed level.

Landon,

try to add the following option at the end of config.pro file:

plot_to_scale_full_window yes

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I had tried that already and it did not change the behaviour... 😕 Thanks though.

Landon

Landon,

I can test your problem, if you tell me what version do you use ...

Creo Parametric 1.0 or 2.0 or Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 ?

F000 or M010 or M020 or something else ?

Also I need to know what command do you use.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Actually, SYLVAIN ARJONA got the answer below... It was right under my nose which meant that I couldn't see it.

Thanks!

Landon

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Would that be for the .pdf's/.dwg's only? If thay changes the scall for the Ctrl-P printing, then how would you print an area you are zoom in on? (Mapkey to change is back and forth?)

SylvainA.
4-Participant

When you say print a 2D drawing to PDF, you mean use a PDF printer like PDFcreator ?

If so, you must set your Plot option to "Full plot" (Publish>Print/Plot>Settings>Model>Plot>Full plot)

This option is set by the *.PCF file used to print.

I mean that I am using the "Ctrl-P" command to bring up the Print dialog which is setup to use "MS Printer Manager." I then have "Adobe PDF" (Adobe Acrobat X Pro) as a printer option. There is no "publish" option on my CREO build... though it was there in WF5.

Landon

SylvainA.
4-Participant

Yes, I'm using Creo element/Pro 5.0 ...

Don't you have any setting tab in the Print dialog ?

That's what i'm talking about:

Capture5.JPG

Well, of course it's there... I just couldn't see it because it was right in front of me.

That seems to have fixed it!

Thanks!!!

Landon

SylvainA.
4-Participant

You're welcome

Once changed, don't forget to save it as your default PCF file ("Save..." button).

That's my next challenge... getting it to save. I've saved it in multiple locations but the settings always go back to what they were before. Any thoughts / suggestions or should I start a new question thread?

Thanks,

Landon

EDIT: Nevermind, our sysadmin just updated the configs and it now references the saved settings properly.

Top Tags