cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Plug Welds

ptc-4863579
1-Newbie

Plug Welds

I applied a plug weld to a slot and was able to get the weld to work while using imperial units. As soon as I switched the model to metric units, the plug welds failed and I get an error stating, "Cannot intersect Base Plane with Side Surfaces." Any new plug weld that I try to create while in metric units also will fail with the same error. Has anyone else seen this issue or know of a fix?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

That is interesting indeed.

We are not a metric shop, so I changed to metric units, and sure enough, it will fail. I even tried building an assembly FROM THE START as a metric assembly, and still no go, ON PLUG welds.

I get the same error message that you're getting, but I don't think that error is the whole story. Upon further investigation, I found in the info panel, this error message: " Value of :WELD_PROCESS is invalid."

At first, I did not have any process or material assigned to welds, so I thought that might be the issue. After assigning both a process and a rod, I'm still getting the same error. I even went into the process, since it appears to be the offending item, and fiddled around with the settings in there, and I couldn't find any settings that would make it work.

It appears to be a bug on the metric plug weld side to me...

Darrin

There is some sort of a SERIOUS bug in the software. Can't create a metric plug weld period. Just tried in Creo 2, and it doesn't work there either...

Darrin

Top Tags