cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pro/E Exits prematurely while saving an Engine assembly of 300MB size into Parasold/STEP format

akarthi
1-Newbie

Pro/E Exits prematurely while saving an Engine assembly of 300MB size into Parasold/STEP format

Hi ppl,

I'm trying to export a 300MB Engine Assembly file size into any of the possible neutral formats available.

My first attempt was with WF 3.0 MO70 into IGES format - Result the assembly was exported, but when I tried to open it again, got an error msg "Couldn't read IGES Data:

My Second attempt was again with WF 3.0 M070 into Parasolid & STEP - Pro/E exits Pre-maturely.

My Third attempt - WF 5.0 M090 into Parasolid - Pro/E Exits Pre-maturely.

My fourth attempt - Creo 1.0 F00 into Parasolid - Creo exited Pre-maturely.

Kindly suggest me any of the possible helps.. I'm hardly in need..

Amar Karthi.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:akarthi)

Try to save as a shrinkwrap first and don't export the surfaces.

In Reply to Amar Karthi Arasan:

Hi ppl,

I'm trying to export a 300MB Engine Assembly file size into any of the possible neutral formats available.

My first attempt was with WF 3.0 MO70 into IGES format - Result the assembly was exported, but when I tried to open it again, got an error msg "Couldn't read IGES Data:

My Second attempt was again with WF 3.0 M070 into Parasolid & STEP - Pro/E exits Pre-maturely.

My Third attempt - WF 5.0 M090 into Parasolid - Pro/E Exits Pre-maturely.

My fourth attempt - Creo 1.0 F00 into Parasolid - Creo exited Pre-maturely.

Kindly suggest me any of the possible helps.. I'm hardly in need..

Amar Karthi.

Does anyone has a list of various pro purge programs that work for companies that don't use Intralink or Windchill, directories!
Thanks,
Evan C.

As I always say, you get what you pay for...

Not free, but very configurable and it works seamlessly...

http://www.wascotech.com/purgedrive/

Hi Michael, I tried to convert into a shrinkwrap model with Level 7, but I failed in this conversion too. But I found out that the Engine Block and the cylinder head in the assembly has got lot of Geom Checks, 1000's of Short edges & some 100's of burried features. I found this out by running the Model Check of these part files. Would this be a prob in my export actiion??...

Top Tags