cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Problem of using Creo3.0 VSS

cly
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Problem of using Creo3.0 VSS

I met a problem using Creo3.0, and I am asking for your help now.

When I did the following practice[1]with Creo3.0(While the theacher in this video used ProE Wildfire.), I

couldn't do the same step as the pictures[2]show and the after. So I am asking you if there is a bug in Creo3.0 or

there is some way to complete the model in the video with your Creo3.0?

[1] The practice vedio link:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzgyOTQ0MDM2.html

[2] The pictures are as follows:

(a) using Pro Widlfire5.0 this step and the after could be done successfuly

(a1).jpg (a2).jpg

(b) do the same practice wtihe your Creo3.0, it couldn't be completed and the software gave these tips as the pictures.

(b1).jpg(b2).jpg

And I asked some of my parteners and teachers, they met the same problem. And it seems difficult to solve, so I choose to ask you if you have met the same problem and how you solve it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:cly)

Interesting model, but I cannot quite follow the video. I get the idea, however. Maybe Creo will not allow the crossover that happens with the "weave".

Edit: Did you try to create this as a surface model or a solid? The video is showing surface model geometry for the sweep feature.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Interesting model, but I cannot quite follow the video. I get the idea, however. Maybe Creo will not allow the crossover that happens with the "weave".

Edit: Did you try to create this as a surface model or a solid? The video is showing surface model geometry for the sweep feature.

This is Creo 3.0 M020. Notice I used a separate solidify after the sweep.

basket_weaving.PNG

cly
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thank you very much for you tips! You remind me that I was creating a solid model with this order, and I have tried with the surface model and I did it successfully.

PS: You are very comprehensive! This is a Chinese video, it can be very hard for most of you to get what the teacher are saying, but you still made it out. (And if you are interested in Chinese, I will be pleased to teach you some, freely.)

Best wishes!

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You are welcome, Coolrain.

It is an interesting technique and I thank you for sharing.

Please notice that as a solid, this does not actually merge but crosses over itself. If you make the basket transparent, you can see what I am saying.

If you want a true merge of the solids, you might consider doing the cross-over sections in separate sweep features.

You might enjoy this...

The star is an equation datum curve.

This model uses two separate sweeps created as a solid. It merges properly when you look at it with transparency.

basket_II.PNG

cly
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for your patience and detailed instructions. Your suggestions helped me a lot and I learned much from you. I am glad to meet you here.

I will try the practice you'v told me later, and thank you for sharing.

Best wishes!

Top Tags