cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Render Window - Black Background

JosephLord
1-Newbie

Render Window - Black Background

Hi, I have barely touched on rendering in ProE, but I like the way the product looks 'smoother' after a simple render using the 'render window' button. This would be good for screenshots, but after rendering the window, the product is fine, but the background is black. How do i get a white background?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

"Joseph Lord" wrote:

Hi, I have barely touched on rendering in ProE, but I like the way the product looks 'smoother' after a simple render using the 'render window' button. This would be good for screenshots, but after rendering the window, the product is fine, but the background is black. How do i get a white background?

Under render control set the settings to high or maximum, if you leave it at draft you will get a black background. maybe that what you are referring to.

Under render quality draft high maximum Make sure it's not set on draft.

Now when set to draft, it's not coming up a black background. ????.......crazy......I have no idea The first five times I set it to draft, it came up as a black background, now it's not.

Back to rendering Pick a part or assy. Veiw(top tool bar) => check(pick) 'Realtime Rendering' This will bring up the default scene Veiw => model setup => render setup This will bring up the render setup menu In Room, 'render room check box' check(pick). If 'render room check box' is not checked in the render menu you will get a black background. You can pick draft, high, or maximum, for the quality. Any more ways I can add to your confusion Let me know........but this should get rid of the black background problem.

Another way I've used is to either put the part or assembly on a white floor and render the room, or make a white table and place your parts on or slightly above that surface. Both of these have worked for me in creating JPEGS that have gone into our promotional literature and look very good using the ARX capabilities. Also, using the "chrome and reflections" settings in the ARX scenes library gives pretty good results. Have fun playing with this. It has it's good and bad moments. Good luck, Bob
Top Tags