cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Repeat Region Relation - substituting one value for another

akelly
11-Garnet

Repeat Region Relation - substituting one value for another

I'm using a repeat region to create an automatic BOM table. We have an alternate part defined for one of the components. Our configuration manager wants the Pro/E BOM table to show the "other alternate" part instead of the one used in the Pro/E assembly. As they are alternate parts, they are "equivalent". It's going to be several days to deconstruct / reconstruct my assemblies, drawings, etc. to swap out the two parts in my assembly, so I'm trying to cheat the repeat region into showing the part number for the "other alternate".

The repeat region is set up to show the value of the parameter PART_NO for each component. I tried adding a repeat region relation to substitute one value for the parameter PART_NO for another, but couldn't get it to work.

For example, my assembly has component "XXXXXXX.asm" which has parameter PART_NO="XXXXXXX", but I want the report to show "YYYYYYY" instead of "XXXXXXX". I tried a couple of different variations of this relation, but haven't figured out how to get "YYYYYYY" to show up in the report.

IF asm_mbr_part_no=="XXXXXXXX"
part_no="YYYYYYYY"
ENDIF

Is there a way to do this?

Andrew Kelly, P.E. | Senior Engineer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics | +1 440 326 5555 | F: +1 440 284 1090

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags