cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Replace a component

dbolden
4-Participant

Replace a component

Can I replace a part file with an assembly file within an assembly?  Furthermore, how do I replace anything?  I click on the part to be replaced, select Replace.  The window pops up and I select the new file.  I hit Apply and OK.  Nothting changes.

Ex.  I have a shaft in an assembly.  I determined now that I need to install a plug in the shaft and this will be done at the component level by the shaft supplier.  So I want to replace the shaft PART with the shaft Assy.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:dbolden)

Hi

If I have well understood, to do this you have to select component and select replace as you said. You get a window looking like below. In your case, you'll have to select the type of replacement you want to do by selecting where I colored in yellow, then click the open file button.

After this, you'll probably have to do the matching between the two parts by editing the reference table that looks like below.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:dbolden)

Hi

If I have well understood, to do this you have to select component and select replace as you said. You get a window looking like below. In your case, you'll have to select the type of replacement you want to do by selecting where I colored in yellow, then click the open file button.

After this, you'll probably have to do the matching between the two parts by editing the reference table that looks like below.

Top Tags