cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

SHEET METAL OR WHAT?

eres
1-Newbie

SHEET METAL OR WHAT?

Hi,

I want to draw the bell mouth as per photo below. Can someone guide me please. Drawing the curve and extrude is simple but how do i bend the extruded part to get bell mouth shape?

Jetting_Bull-assy-SB.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Oh, I didn't see the curve in the part. Make the parts in the side view (red line). Trim the edges to connect to the other parts. It would be easy to see how to trim the parts if you assemble them together.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:eres)

Isn't it made of 4 parts welded together ?

eres
1-Newbie
(To:RaphMORIN)

yes you are right. How do you draw each part? See more detail below and try to draw it. If you manage to draw it, please share with me how you do it. My problem arise because each part need to be bend.

GUIDE.jpg

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

it looks like 4 sheet metal parts that are bent and the welded together...

How do you bend it?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I used sheet metal... blend feature. Ripped the one corner (shown with arrow). Made a flat pattern. Took about a minute. The ripped corner would likely be welded.

Simple and manufacture-able.

eres
1-Newbie

thanks Wiliam, It would be simple if just like what you showed. Unfortunately for our application, we need it to be curved as what i showed in my sketch.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Oh, I didn't see the curve in the part. Make the parts in the side view (red line). Trim the edges to connect to the other parts. It would be easy to see how to trim the parts if you assemble them together.

eres
1-Newbie

Ok thanks a lot. I appreciate that.

Top Tags