cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Sections Won't Update

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Sections Won't Update

Creo Parametric 2.0, M060

I have some fasteners in my assembly that I replaced with a longer version from the same family table.  I had the section through one of them active when I replaced them. After replacing, the section was no longer active.  I re-activated the section but it still shows the old fastener with the new ghosted as if it were a surface model (see screen shot below).

I tried deactivating and reactivating teh section and regenerating the assembly, no change.

How do I fix this?

Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Doug, I am seeing what you are saying with a model I am working with right now.

I have these ghost surfaces floating around from features I am tweaking into shape. Very annoying!

I thought I remembered CS saying this was resolved by M060? I am still on M040 and it is a very pervasive problem.

Toggling the cap in by editing the section seems to "regen" the section.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What if you close the part and erase not displayed? Seems you are having family table problems.

The parts themselves display properly on their own.  No issues with the part family table at all that I can see.  There is no family table in the assy.

The problem eventually resolves itself, but I'm not sure how.  It's as if Creo is storing some visual representation of the cross section and it's not getting updated properly.  The parts are sectioning right but not getting capped right.

It's frustrating to cut a section to check screw engagement, discover you need a longer screw, replace said screw and reactivate the section and at first think that it didn't get resolved.

--
LinkedIn

Sounds like a reportable bug

Doug, I am seeing what you are saying with a model I am working with right now.

I have these ghost surfaces floating around from features I am tweaking into shape. Very annoying!

I thought I remembered CS saying this was resolved by M060? I am still on M040 and it is a very pervasive problem.

Toggling the cap in by editing the section seems to "regen" the section.

Well, I'm using M060 so it's not fixed there.  You nailed the fix.  In fact, all you really have to do is enter the redefine dashboard for the section, no changes required.  Simply hit edit definition then OK.

I agree it's a reportable bug, when I get some free time maybe I'll report it.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags