cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Setting Mass properties for an imported standard assembly

kkr-2
6-Contributor

Setting Mass properties for an imported standard assembly

I need to provide mass of a servo motor to a rotating arm, since servo motor model is provided by the vendor and has the spec of weight 200gms. i have assembled into my main assembly. i need to set mass to it for my further analysis. since servo has may parts in it it will be a time consuming - is there a way we assign weight to that assembly and proe will consider for analysis and BOM generation?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

As long as you imported it, hopefully it was imported as a "part". Go Edit > Mass Props (from the menu manager). In the dialog box, change the source to "Geometry and Parameters". Click Edit and enter your mass info. Make sure you got the imported part in the correct units.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags