cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Sheetmetal roll bend

joe_c
12-Amethyst

Sheetmetal roll bend

Folks

I cant seem to unbend this tube. Not sure if is possible with the head on top.  I was able to create the rip. I like to create the hole and the notches at end but I hear is better to create them after unbend. Please help me...CAD was made in Creo2.0

tube.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:joe_c)

You can unbend with the head, as you said. Sheetmetal only works for straight bends, press brake bends or rolling type operations.

joe_c
12-Amethyst

Stephen

Can we bend the open end of this cylinder inward? is this not possible as well? I suppose first create a rip and then bend it. But wont let me pick the edges

open-cylinder.PNG

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can use sheet metal module to model these things but you can't generate a flat pattern using sheet metal. The parts you are making are not made with a press brake using a straight bend(s). You would need forming dies or coining dies to stamp these parts.

You can roll a cylinder and make a flat pattern, but you can't have the endcap if you want to create a flat pattern.

Top Tags