cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Showing Mesh in creo

ptc-6178418
1-Newbie

Showing Mesh in creo

Hi to all

i'm a student of University of Padova. I'm modelling hip prosthesis in Creo Parametric.

I have do a nlinear analysis to find the pressure at the interfaces between 2 parts.

I have to apply a pressure in a small area.

the questions are:

1. how can I show the surface mesh in creo parametric ? (i see the mesh only in the post process phase)

2. how can I know the Area of the elements that belong the surface ?

i know the concentrated force (3000 N) and I have to determine the equivalent pressure, but i need the surface of the elements.

thanks to all

3 REPLIES 3

Under the "Refine Model" tab there is "AutoGEM". Click this and a dialog box will pop up; this dialog box will have a "Create" button. After clicking this, the software will mesh your model and then display the elements.

Under the "Inspect" tab you'll find "Measure", and under that you'll find "Area" which will allow you to measure the area of a surface that you're applying the load to.

For resolving pressure into force, I use Review Total Load (used to be under the Info menu... not sure where it's gone in the Ribbon).

This allows you to select one or more loads, and it then resolves them into force and moment components about a selected coordinate system (or the WCS by default).

Typically, let's say I'm looking to generate a certain force in the Y direction, e.g. 12000 [units]. I create a pressure load with a value of 1 [unit], then do Review Total Load and find that I have a force in Y of 637 [units].

I divide the force I want by the force I've got (12000÷637) and simply use that value (18.8383) for the pressure. You can use Review Total Load again to check if you like, but this process should get you straight to the correct value.

SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-6178418)

"I have do a nlinear analysis to find the pressure at the interfaces between 2 parts"

Do you mean that you have done an analysis to find the pressure ?

If so, look at the result windows, you will find two results called "InterfaceX_area" and "InterfaceX_force" (depending on the name of the interface you have created between the two parts).

It should be the results you are looking for.

Top Tags