cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Showing datum points on drawings when creating a pipe

jcrawford
2-Guest

Showing datum points on drawings when creating a pipe

I've created a pipe using datum points. I'm able to create the table which shows the dimensional placement of the points (driven from the model) however I cannot get the datum points to show (with the name) on the drawings. I don't wish to toggle on using the display manager (that doesn't show the name of the point anyway).

dtm_pnt_pipe.jpg

dtm_pnt_pipe_mdl.jpg

Regards,

Justin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

activate View tab and show datum point tags.

points.png

MH

Martin Hanák
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:jcrawford)

I tried to use the "Hole Table" drawing tool to generate such a table:

sample_hole_chart_from_datum_points.png

It's fairly easy and painless to rename the names of the points in the pipe feature using the "Rename" dialog box under File->Prepare->Model Properties->change: Names (under Features and Geometry)

The tags will show up if you enable their display as per Martin Hanak's message.

But can you tell me how to (parametrically) extract the bend radius information from the pipe feature?

Top Tags