cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Snap Lines not moving with Drawing

Garrett317
8-Gravel

Snap Lines not moving with Drawing

After I add a snap line and apply a construction line or reference line to the snapped portion, sometimes I need to drag the part drawing to a different spot on the template, however, when I do move the drawing, the snapped reference/construction line stays. Is there a way to fix this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't understand what you are saying you do. I use snap lines around drawing views all the time to space out dimensions evenly. You seem to be implying that you can snap sketched geometry to the snap lines, but I don't see that behavior. I can't create a line that is "snapped" to the snap lines, and I can't create a line and then move it to be associated with the snap lines.

The only way I know of that you can ensure sketched geometry in a drawing moves about and scales with your views is to select it, then use the right mouse button to "relate to view".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't understand what you are saying you do. I use snap lines around drawing views all the time to space out dimensions evenly. You seem to be implying that you can snap sketched geometry to the snap lines, but I don't see that behavior. I can't create a line that is "snapped" to the snap lines, and I can't create a line and then move it to be associated with the snap lines.

The only way I know of that you can ensure sketched geometry in a drawing moves about and scales with your views is to select it, then use the right mouse button to "relate to view".

Relate to View worked! Thank you.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags