cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Split Face Command

pmalone
2-Guest

Split Face Command

In Creo Parametric 3.0, In the modeling Tab under Editing there is a Split Surface command.

Can someone give me some insight as to how this command works?

(Procedure?)

Lets say I have a rectangular plate,

Can I split the top face into 2 faces?

Can I draw a circle on the top face and split the face at the circle?

What procedure is used to do this? Line? Plane? Another Surface?

My last project we used Solidworks and we used split face to assign different appearances on faces.

Such as around bolts, the paint was removed close to the holes for grounding and they wanted a different appearance between the two faces.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

So nobody here knows how to use this command? or is willing to help a fellow user?

Hi,

I can't test feature functionality, now. The only piece information I know is available at http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/part_modeling%2Fpart_modeling%2Fpart_eight_sub%2FAbout_the_Split_Surface_Feature.html%23 and following pages.

MH

Martin Hanák
ckeller
11-Garnet
(To:pmalone)

When a feature creates multiple seperate loops on a single surface, that surface is still pickable as a single surface.  If you use "Split Surface" it makes the regions into separately selectable regions.  This is important if you are going to copy/thicken, or assign a color and only want it to apply to one region, or if you're using offset-replace.  But there are also many times you would not want surfaces to be separate for similar reasons.

2016-12-27_14h10_15.png2016-12-27_14h09_14.png2016-12-27_14h09_37.png

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:ckeller)

I would imagine that would be a great help in doing draft on surfaces, I'll have to give it a spin.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Patriot_1776)

I use it mostly with the Remove tool in Flexible.

Top Tags