cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Tangency lines not showing in a drawing view

mpeterson
1-Newbie

Tangency lines not showing in a drawing view

Hello group,

I am having a problem with tangency lines not showing in an assembly drawing when the view is no hidden lines. In the same drawing I get a view where a portion of a section view is blank too. I have seen this behavior before, but I never found the fix because it was not critical for that particular drawing. This same drawing looked fine before I made some geometry changesand alsochanging the accuracy for some of the parts. Attached is an image showing the partial blanked out area of a section view. Any suggestions will be greatlyappreciated.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Peterson

Design Engineer

Varel International

-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Mark,
Have your geometry changes resulted in an interference condition between
two parts? This causes ProE to interpret hidden lines incorrectly - it
may also be affecting the tangent lines in your case.

Regards,
--
Mark von Huben

Principal Mechanical Engineer
Cochlear Ltd
1 University Ave
Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113
Australia

p +61 2 9425 5210

dgallup
4-Participant
(To:mpeterson)

Sections can fail when there is a surface coplanar with the cutting plane. Sometimes a curved surface tangent to the cutting plane too. Try moving the cutting plane slightly.

In Reply to Mark Peterson:

Hello group,

I am having a problem with tangency lines not showing in an assembly drawing when the view is no hidden lines. In the same drawing I get a view where a portion of a section view is blank too. I have seen this behavior before, but I never found the fix because it was not critical for that particular drawing. This same drawing looked fine before I made some geometry changesand alsochanging the accuracy for some of the parts. Attached is an image showing the partial blanked out area of a section view. Any suggestions will be greatlyappreciated.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Peterson

Design Engineer

Varel International

-

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

Top Tags