cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

This functionality requires one of: NOTEBOOK

Mahadev
3-Visitor

I am using Creo Parametric Release 3.0 and DatecodeM190

while opening .lay file getting below error,

Here are the errors that I faced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:Mahadev)

Hello @Mahadev 

Good news. This means you have NOTEBOOK as part of your floating modules or extensions.

Maybe, all what you need in the ongoing session is to proceed as follows (of floating module):

• >File >Options >Licenses >Refresh License List
    • If you see NOTEBOOK, check it. After that, you should be able to open the .lay file
    • If you don't see it (or if you see it, but would like to acquire it automatically upon next startup), proceed as follows:
      1. Launch <Creo Parametric Load Point>\Parametric\bin\reconfigure.exe
      2. Choose Next twice, and in Applications to Customize of Creo Parametric 3.0 Installation Assistant, access Customize Applications
      3. Access Command Configuration and Press Edit
      4. Check probable presence of NOTEBOOK probably in Floating Options section (on the left table)
      5. Select it and push it to the right Table (labelled Selected Licenses)
      6. Press Ok, and then Install

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Not really any mystery here. You're trying to open a .lay file, which is a notebook layout file. You don't have a license for the notebook module, so you can't open it. Hopefully your company has licenses available for that module and you just didn't pull one when you started your Creo session.

Hi KenFarley,

I am new to this area, I don't know how to check notebook license is there or not.

Could you help on this, it would be more appreciate.

sacquarone
20-Turquoise

Hello @KenFarley 

As @Mahadev said, you need NOTEBOOK License to open *.lay files in Creo Parametric. We document this in article 121454.

In order to check which are the modules you have currently access to, Select >File >Help >System Information, and browse down to "Configured Option Modules" section. In the machine where you're facing this, I expect therefore that NOTEBOOK entry is probably not listed.

Regards,

Serge

sacquarone_0-1649152102538.png

The above will tell you what you currently have in session as modules.

If you wish to know everything that is available from your license server, you can run a batch program that is provided with the Creo installation, called "ptcstatus". It will list all the licenses in the format:

Displaying status for license file: 7788@lic-server
License Server is UP: 7788@lic-server
  ptc_d FLEXnet Publisher version: 11.17
                       License    In Use   Free
                       -------    ------   ----
               NC-COMPLETE_SET*      0       1
                PROE_DesignEss       0       1
            PROE_EssentialsIIM       0       1
                CREOSCHEM_Lite       0       1

* = License Extensions - Available only on startup.
^ = Borrowed License.

This listing would include something to do with Notebook, if that were available to you. I'm not sure what the license is actually called for that because we don't have one.

If you can't just run the ptcstatus command in a DOS Command Window, you might have to run it from within the directory where it is installed. For me, this location is

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M120\Parametric\bin

But for you it is likely something different, maybe with "Creo 3.0\M190" instead of "Creo 4.0\M120" in there.

If you find that you have Notebook licenses available to you, then you'll have to reconfigure your setup (or have whoever is responsible for setting up Creo in your company do so) to include it.

Hi KenFarley,

I run the batch file , in command prompt for Notebook showing as "5"

Mahadev_1-1649162931230.png

sacquarone
20-Turquoise

Hello @Mahadev 

Good news. This means you have NOTEBOOK as part of your floating modules or extensions.

Maybe, all what you need in the ongoing session is to proceed as follows (of floating module):

• >File >Options >Licenses >Refresh License List
    • If you see NOTEBOOK, check it. After that, you should be able to open the .lay file
    • If you don't see it (or if you see it, but would like to acquire it automatically upon next startup), proceed as follows:
      1. Launch <Creo Parametric Load Point>\Parametric\bin\reconfigure.exe
      2. Choose Next twice, and in Applications to Customize of Creo Parametric 3.0 Installation Assistant, access Customize Applications
      3. Access Command Configuration and Press Edit
      4. Check probable presence of NOTEBOOK probably in Floating Options section (on the left table)
      5. Select it and push it to the right Table (labelled Selected Licenses)
      6. Press Ok, and then Install

Regards,

Serge

Hi  sacquarone,

Awesome , Notebook working after reconfigure the Creo Parametric.

Thank you so much.

Hi  sacquarone,

Yeah, you are right in my machine notebook is not available

Mahadev_0-1649161180374.png

Top Tags